Tuesday, July 6, 2010

dreams poor people have: car seeds

Last night my brake lights wouldn't turn off, even after I turned off the engine and pulled the keys out of the ignition. Unable to figure out the source of the problem, my boyfriend helped me pull the fuse so the battery wouldn't run out, but that didn't stop my mind from fixating on the potential repair costs as I dozed off around midnight.

So naturally I dreamt I was walking through Westport when I found a bag of big, round, brown-and-black-spotted seeds lying on the sidewalk. But they weren't just any seeds; they were car seeds. As in, if you plant one, a car will grow. There was a picture of a shiny red Mustang on the bag.

So I took them home, put one in a glass of water and waited. And sure enough, before my eyes the seed swelled like a sponge, and in a few minutes a car appeared. Sure, instead of a Mustang it turned out to be one of those 1940s gangster cars that wouldn't go over 50 MPH on the highway, but when it comes to free car seeds, I will take what I can get.

No comments: